On Saturday January 12, 2019 choose either one of two “Survive Outside” presentations: 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM or, 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. by the LHNS Safety Hosts in conjunction with Shuswap Search and Rescue at the Larch Hills Chalet .
- Search and Rescue Prevention messaging (consistency #SARprevention)
- Search and Rescue in BC (BC SAR Association)
- Provincial SAR stats (1,600+ annually, more than the rest of Canada combined each yr.)
- Trip Planning
- Taking Essentials
- Season and sport specific gear
- LHNS Safety Hosts will provide an outline of their volunteer services, explain how you can be prepared to help an injured skier or snowshoer and demonstrate how to use a Rescue Toboggan, SKED and on-hill emergency response supplies.