Dogs are welcome in the designated parking area and on the canine trail.
However, dogs are not allowed on the canine trail on Jackrabbit Saturdays from 10 am to 1 pm or during race day times stipulated by the Race Marshall.
Please check our calendar for dates the trail is closed.
We are all responsible for keeping Larch Hills clean, safe, and fun.
- Please keep your dog under control at all times.
- Your dog must be on leash in the designated parking area and on the way to the trail.
- Your dog may be off leash on the trail.
- A maximum of 2 dogs are allowed per skier.
- Please scoop the poop and remove it promptly.
- Walkers and snow shoers are only allowed as far as the bottom of Chalet Loop. Beyond this is private property and our use agreement with the owners does not cover non-skiers.
Contact Anne Lockington at 250-832-8484 or email@example.com for more information
We Appreciate Your Feedback!
LNHS Canine Committee Summary Report
The LHNS Canine Trail Committee has been active since February 2011. The 2011/12 Salmar/Sunshine Canine Pilot Trail was endorsed by general membership vote in November 2011, and adopted as an ongoing canine trail at the March 2012 LHNS Annual General Meeting.
Based on predominantly positive feedback and requests for specific improvements, the LHNS Canine Committee was asked by the executive to propose a canine trail for the 2012/2013 season.
The committee proposed that the current trail be extended to Tom’s Cabin and include one or both of Skyview and Sentinel loops.
At the Dec. 4, 2012 general meeting, the LHNS executive reiterated its support for the current 800 metre Salmar/Sunshine Canine Trail, and reported that it did not support the Canine Committee proposals for improvement. No other proposals were brought forward at that time.
In 2013/2014 there was a new proposal which was voted down by the members of LHNS. That proposal may be seen here.
Full Report and Proposals of the 2011/12 Larch Hills Canine Trail Committee