Hello LHNS Members and Supporters,
We are thrilled to announce that we are one of the four finalists in the 2019 Kraft Heinz Project Play competition. We are competing for a grand prize of $250,000! If we win, the money will be used to install trail lighting at Larch Hills. Did you know that we are one of a few ski clubs in B.C. without trail lights for night skiing? We would love to make evening skiing safer and more accessible for the people who use Larch Hills.
This project has a price tag of over $500,000. Fundraising this amount is a big challenge for a small community. Winning $250,000 would likely shorten the project timeline by at least two years and allow for trail lighting by next Winter. We are grateful to Kraft Heinz for the opportunity to compete for this prize, but we need every member to help! Kraft Heinz Project Play is a Canada-wide online competition that allows unlimited voting. In previous years the four finalists in this competition have received over one million votes. We estimate that Larch Hills Nordic Society will need to receive well over 500,000 votes to have a chance at winning the Grand Prize and in order to do this we need your support!! We are challenging every eligible member of Larch Hills Nordic Society to contribute at least 500 votes (either by voting or by recruiting voters). In past years average voters have submitted over 200 votes in an hour and the fastest voters have submitted over 600 votes in that time!
The Grand Prize Winner will be determined through voting at the Kraft Heinz Project Play website. Voting will be allowed from 9:00 am PST Friday October 18 to 9:00 am PST Sunday October 20, 2019. Voters can vote as many times as they like but cannot use automatic programs and cannot sign in from multiple e-mail addresses. Voters must be Canadian residents at least 13 years old.
This is how you can help:
- Promote our campaign. Please follow and share our campaign on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Join our Facebook Virtual Voting Event. Challenge others to beat your speed and number of votes.
- Encourage your friends, families, co-workers and teammates to vote as many times as possible.
- Go to the Kraft Heinz Project Play website and vote as many times as possible. (When Nakkertok Nordic won in 2016 one member voted 5000 times!!)
- Visit the Larch Hills Nordic Society website at www.skilarchhills.ca to learn about the Trail Lighting Project.
Please visit the Kraft Heinz Project Play website to vote:
Please follow and share us (click or tap icon):
Thank-you for your support,
Larch Hills Nordic Society Trail Lighting Committee
Please contact Randi Ostby at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.