With the goal of consistent, high quality grooming, Larch Hills Nordic Society is raising funds to replace our aging 2007 PB Edge with a new PB 400. With age, comes additional repairs and maintenance costs are rising.
The estimated cost of the new grooming machine is around $600, 000.
The club plans to apply for a BC Capital Gaming Grant in August 2023. With the savings we have already set aside for tracksetter replacement ($162 K) and the trade-in value of our current machine (~$65 K), we need to fundraise an additional $70, 000 in order to apply for matching funds through this grant.
To successfully reach our goal the the funds would be in place to order a new machine in December 2023.
The Snowcat Details:
• PistenBully 400
• Vastly improved environmental efficiencies with EUROMOT IV A/TIER 4 exhaust emissions standards
• Increased operating efficiency = more trails groomed in less time
• New tiller will greatly improve grooming quality to better serve our membership
• Improved reliability with less down-time
• Reduced annual maintenance and replacement costs
Run Efficient – Run Smart – Run Clean
- Abbigail May
- George Jackson
- John Thielman
- Peter Rizzi
- Rob Hart
- William Prytula