The Climate Change Assessment report, as prepared by Cam Brown, RPF, has now been posted on the website. It is available here.
The last General Meeting of the year will be on Tuesday, April 12 in room 1 of the SASCU Recreation Centre at 7 pm.
View the agenda here.
There will be the Annual General Meeting today, March 15 at 7pm in Room 1 at the SASCU Community Centre.
View the agenda here.
A reminder that Abbi will selling Askew’s gift cards with proceeds going to the junior race team.
There was a record turnout for the Larch Hills Nordic Society General Meeting held Tuesday, January 12, 2016, with 205 people in attendance. Out of the votes cast for the motion presented, 85.5 % were in favour of the motion to approve chalet expansion. The results were as follows: 165 votes in favour, 27 votes not in favour, and 1 spoiled ballot, for a total of 193 votes cast.
The motion that was passed at the General Meeting is as follows:
The Larch Hills Nordic Society approves expansion of the existing chalet to approximately 3600 square feet, providing the following requirements are met:
- Funds to undertake this project are obtained through a combination of the following:
- fundraising activities
- donations of cash, in kind labor, services, and supplies
- funds currently available in the LHNS “Infrastructure Account”
- other sources of funding that may become available
- Formal Architect drawn plans are obtained by the Chalet Expansion Committee and shared with the LHNS Membership with an invitation for suggestions and feedback.
- Finalized plans, taking member input into consideration, are submitted to the LHNS Executive for review and approval.
- The currently planned Climate Update Study is completed and shared with the LHNS Membership and Executive within three months, and prior to any new chalet construction.
- Chalet expansion construction may commence upon approval from the LHNS Executive provided that the Climate Update Study suggests a reasonable likelihood of skiable conditions through most of the existing Larch Hills Recreation Area an average of 60 days per season for most of the seasons during the next fifteen years.
We would like to thank the members who came to the General Meeting to hear the presentation by the Chalet Expansion Committee, ask questions and provide comments, and then vote.
We would also like to say a big thank you to the members of the Chalet Expansion Committee for their hard work and commitment over the past two years. Your dedication is greatly appreciated by the Board of Directors and members of the Larch Hills Nordic Society.
The full Chalet Expansion present can be downloaded here.
Chalet Expansion Proposal Presentation – please see revised Agenda below
There will be a General Meeting this Tuesday, January 12, 2016; please see the Agenda below for complete Meeting details. The Chalet Expansion Committee was struck at a General Meeting in November 2013. Several members of the LHNS have dedicated many hours of their time to the work of this committee over the past two years. The Chalet Expansion proposal was initially presented at the November 10, 2015 General Meeting.
The General Meeting starts at 7 pm, at the SASCU Recreation Centre Auditorium/Gym. The Society encourages all interested members to attend. Note: We respectfully ask that members at large who wish to ask questions / speak at the meeting limit themselves to 3 minutes maximum to allow other members the opportunity to do so as well.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you tomorrow night.
Agenda is below:
Important reminder: attendees must be current, paid up registered members of the Larch Hills Nordic Society (LHNS) to be entitled to vote.
Per LHNS bylaws, junior members are not entitled to vote. Junior members are those members who are under eighteen (18) years as of December 31 of the calendar year in question.
- Welcome / Opening Remarks
- Presentation by the Chalet Expansion Committee
- Question & Answer Session related to the Presentation
- Presentation of Motion for Approval of Chalet Expansion by member of Chalet Expansion Committee
- Discussion on Motion
- Vote on Motion for Approval of Chalet Expansion
- Open Forum
Larch Hills Junior Race Team Nationals Squad is pleased to be presenting the documentary Jumbo Wild on Friday evening Jan 22nd at 7pm in the Salmar Classic Theatre. All proceeds will go towards the skiers who will be attending Nationals in Whitehorse in March.
To buy tickets or for more info, please visit https://zone4.ca/reg.asp?id=10898. To see more info, go through the first couple of registration steps – you will not need to provide any information.
Official website and trailer can be found at http://www.patagonia.com/ca/the-new-localism/Jumbo-Wild
Saturday, Jan. 2 meet at the Chalet at 9:30 a.m. Off-track skis and big basket poles recommended. Route map here
Leaders: Keith Cox and George Zorn
Dec. 2015 Larch Hills Trails Maps are now posted at https://skilarchhills.ca/maps/ along with geo-referenced PDFs for skiers to check their location on the trails using a smart phone. Instructions on how to do this are also on the page.
Thanks to all LHNS Volunteers, the Shuswap Trail Alliance and Erika Hartling and Suzanne Fordyce at CSRD who contributed to this update of the 2009 Larch Hills Trails maps!
The 2015 Larch Hill’s Fun Race will be held on January 3rd at 1PM.
Come and join us for a fun race with distances for all ages. It is a mass start classic event with no skating allowed
We are looking for volunteers! If you’re interested in helping out at this event, please contact John Thielman
A design for Larch Hills buffs has been picked. They are available for purchase for $20 with the profits going towards the Junior Ski Team. If you want one you can contact Abbi May at firstname.lastname@example.org They make a great stocking stuffer!