The Chalet expansion committee would like to thank all of the individuals and corporations that have generously donated towards the chalet expansion in 2016. With the generous support we have now reached over 1/3 of our fundraising goal ! The ability to offer tax receipts for donations will continue for 2017, thanks to Cross Country Canada.
A reminder that we have a lost and found page on our website. From the menus, it is located under the “About Us” heading and the URL is https://skilarchhills.ca/lost-and-found/
Currently the only outstanding item is a pair of black Atomic poles which disappeared today (Christmas Day). If you have lost something and it’s not listed on the website, please also check right inside the Chalet as not all items get listed online. If you’ve lost or found something and would like it posted on the website please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
There has recently been an update to our safety documents and how to obtain them. Please see the following:
- A 2-sided waterproof version of the 2016 cell zones map and emergency contacts list will be provided (one per household) at the time 2016/17 LHN Member cards are distributed late this month or early January at the Chalet.
- Waterproof copies of the 2016 cell zones map and emergency contacts list are available at Wickett Business Services for $1.25/ 2-sided copy
- See the LHN Volunteer Safety Hosts webpage here to print copies of the 2016 cell zones map and 2016/17 emergency contacts list.
- See the LHN Trail Maps page here to download a Geo – referenced PDF of the 2016 Cell Zones map to your cell phone
- Laminated copies of the new cell zone maps have been posted at the usual five on-trail locations: Cec’s Cabin, South Hub, top of Metford Rd. hill at Bilbo’s Bog junction, Skyview – Lake view junction, Tom’s Shelter. A copy of both the new cell zone map and 2016 Emergency Contacts list is posted at the Chalet by the Safety Hosts Sign Out Board.
Thank you to all Larch Hills Nordic Society members who supported the Dancing with the Shuswap Stars Event. We raised $20,000 for the Chalet Expansion! It was an amazing event that had tremendous support from many in our community.
At the event the Shuswap Rotary Club presented the Larch Hills Nordic Society with a cheque for $5,000 in support of the Chalet Expansion. We are very grateful for this very generous contribution to the project.
To date the Chalet Expansion Project has raised just over $100,000. This total includes contributions from the Larch Hills Nordic Society, Dancing With the Stars, community sponsorship donations, and personal donations. If you would like to contribute to the project you can now receive a tax receipt if the donation is made through Cross Country Canada. Please see the donation form here.
As some of you may have noticed on the webcam, some logging has been going on in the stadium area. Do not fear, a cutblock is not happening right next to the stadium, but we are clearing some space for an expanded stadium and a sprint trail. Please take care when in the area and to respect the people working there.
When? Saturday, Oct 22, 2016 11:00 am Start
Where?The Gathering Place 350 30th St NE, Salmon Arm
Early Drop Off at Skookum: Mon Oct 17 to Thurs October 20
Sale Drop off: 8:00 am – 10:30 am (day of swap)
Ski Swap: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Pickup: 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (money or unsold gear)
Note: It will cost $1 per item entered into the swap and the club keeps 20% of the selling price if it sells. Only safe gear in working order will be accepted. Includes XC skiing equipment, downhill skiing and boarding equipment, and other outdoor winter sports gear.
Cash or Cheque Only.
Questions or Volunteers please contact Cam Brown at email@example.com or 250-833-6631
Larch Hills will host the 2017 Teck BC Cup #1 on January 7-8.
- Qualifier: Atom, Pee Wee, Bantam, Midget – Start List Here
- Heats: Atom & Pee Wee
- Heats: Bantam
- Heats: Midget
- [King’s Court’s Heats: All athletes race Quarterfinal + Semifinal + Final.]
- Qualifier: Juvenile, Junior, Senior, Masters – Start List Here
- Heats: Juvenile
- Heats: Junior, Senior, Masters
- [Elimination Heats: All athletes guaranteed at least a Quarterfinal heat.]
We have created new trail over the summer for our sprint loops and part of our distance courses.
Saturday’s Skate Sprint Maps
Sunday’s Individual Start Classic Maps
- Distance – 1.0km
- Distance – 1.5km
- Distance – 2.2km
- Distance – 2.5km
- Distance – 3.75km
- Distance Stadium Layout
- Recreation Trail Access
- Trails closed to recreational users for the races
The contact person is Alan Corbett at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Larch Hills Chalet Expansion renderings are available for the general membership to see online. Please forward any written questions and comments to LHNSchalet@gmail.com. The Chalet Expansion Committee would also like to invite the general membership to an Open House on Tuesday, May 31 in Room 1 at the Rec. Centre. Larger copies of the renderings will be available for viewing. In addition, members of the committee will be present to answer questions.
Click on an image to enlarge