Welcome to Larch Hills in the Winter!
We are: 900+ members and growing; a volunteer operated cross country ski club located approximately 15 km east of Salmon Arm off of Hwy 97B (See map and get directions)
Annual Take Back the Hills Work Party, Saturday, Oct. 25, 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon. See Trail Report page for details.
The Larch Hills Nordic Society has initiated a strategic planning process by recruiting the services of a planning professional, Kathy Porter of Summit Environmental Consultants Inc. The planning process was approved at last years AGM and will be carried out through fall and early winter this year. The executive has selected a steering committee to facilitate the process, including Roger Beardmore, Blaine Carson, Keith Cox, Randi Ostby, Deb Phillips, Clint Smith, Pauline Waelti, and David Wallensteen.
This strategic plan will be driven by the wishes of the club and will only be successful with the participation of the membership, users, and agencies that are using and involved in the Larch Hills Ski Area; as such we will be conducting both an on line survey and public open house meeting this fall.
We encourage everyone to give some thought as to what you would like the Larch Hills Nordic Society and the Larch Hills recreation area to look like moving into the future. It is you the users that will have an opportunity to direct our plans moving forward.
Stay tuned through both the website and the Larch Hills e news bulletins for upcoming meetings and the online survey.
From the Strategic Planning Steering Committee
Larch Hills Nordics Annual Ski and Board Swap
- Early Drop Off at Skookum: Mon Oct 27 to Thurs Oct 30
- Sale Drop Off: 8:30 am-10:30 am
- Ski Swap: 11am – 1pm
- Pickup: 1:00 pm to 2:30pm (money or unsold gear)
LHNS Safety Host Program
- The Safety Host program has been developed by the LHNS Safety Committee to improve the response to an emergency on the ski hill.
- The program presently relies on cell phone and home phone contact.
We are on Facebook – “like” us, send us Larch Hill photos and comments: www.facebook.com/SkiLarchHills
Notices for this area, our calendar, or any other page, must be publication ready (We do not edit for you.) Photos must be 800 x 800 px) Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Larch Hills Ski Club
Salmon Arm, BC
- E-mail : email@example.com
- eNews contact is firstname.lastname@example.org (messages are to be print ready)
- Website:email@example.com Item for posting: text to be posted must be publication ready, pictures 800 x 800 pixels
- Trail Reports: contact Jonathan with publication ready information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trail Issues: (Trees down etc.) Single Track and Snowshoe Trails : Report a Trail Issue
- Building Bookings
Pauline 250 832 2358 (2012/13)
- Membership : Jan Naylor, email@example.com or 250-832-7544
On Line registration: https://zone4.ca/reg.asp?id=6729&lan=1&cartlevel=1